junk bar

My family has been making "junk bar" forever! One day my Aunt Trudy was going to make rice crispy treats, but had no rice crispies. Then she just started throwing things in a bowl from her cupboards and called it junk bar. I love making this when I have a show I want to watch, that way I can nibble throughout the entire show instead of just having one serving of something. Anyways this stuff is awesome and everyone that eats it loves it! You can add or take away things you don't like. Below is my favorite combo of ingredients! 

Junk Bar

3-4 cups rice or corn cereal
2-3 cups pretzels
1 10 ounce bag of M&M's 
1 cup cashews 
2 cups Fiddle Faddle (found by the popcorn in most grocery stores)
1/4 cup butter
10 ounce  bag marshmallows

Mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. In a sauce pan melt butter, then add marshmallows and mix until well combined and smooth, dump marshmallow sauce over cereal mixture and combine. (I eat it straight from the bowl, no mashing into a pan and cutting into squares!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS