Texas Sheet Cake

I (Kara) am sure everyone has had Texas sheet cake before, but... have you tried it using Gourmet Ramstadt-Breda Rich Dark Cocoa powder! Wow! I did not think the type of coca powder really mattered, but my friend recently got me this for my birthday so I had to give it a try. The cake was richer and more chocolatey than normal. You can buy this product at their website www.preparedpantry.com. 

P.S. I am not being paid to talk about this product, I just really really loved it! O, and in case you don't have a Texas sheet cake recipe here you go!

Texas Sheet Cake

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water 
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
4 TB cocoa powder
2 eggs (beaten)
1/2 cup buttermild
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Grease and flour an 11 x 17 cookie sheet. Set a side. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix together flour and sugar, set a side. Bring to a boil over medium heat vegetable oil, water, butter and cocoa powder. Pour over flour and sugar mixture. Add eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, baking soda, and nuts to the mix. Pour into cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 16-20 mins.

Frosting

1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/3 cup milk
2 TBS cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 lb powdered sugar
1 cups nuts (optional)

Bring butter, milk, and cocoa powder to a boil. Off the head stir in vanilla. Pour over powdered sugar and mix. Add nuts if desired. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS